This building was a good example of how Richardson began using his Richardsonian Romanesque in a more modern way. He had to adopt this style because it was not applicable to what was needed at the time. The building was designed to look as though it only had 4 floors when in reality it had 7 and a basement. The inside was filled with wood and iron and the outside was framed with rustic stone in an Italian Romanesque palazzo style. The building was closed in 1930 and unfortunately was torn down very short after this.
- Next story Lawrence G. Rawl Engineering Practice Facility, Norman, Oklahoma
- Previous story Trinity Church- HH Richardson