Goff’s 1950’s Bavinger House is seen by many as the crowning achievement of his extensive body of work. Goff introduced distinctive floor plans, mixing materials with eccentric spaces to produce a desired effect in a way similar to how Frank Wright used to use flat planes.The walls are made of locally quarried “ironstone” that is replaced intermittently with large blue pieces of glass cullet. The spiraling roof which covers the whole of the structure is supported by cables connected to the center mast. The interior consists of floor “pods” radiating off of the central axis. These floor planes are hung off of the walls and central support as they climb to their apex. Each pod serves a different purpose containing bedrooms, withdrawing space and study space, all of which are open to the space below unless closed off with curtains.
The house later deteriorated and was vacant for more than a decade before it was reported in 2008 that the house would be renovated and reopened for tours. According to press reports, fundraising efforts ran into difficulties. In June 2011, after a windstorm in the area, it was reported that the house had been severely damaged, with its central spire broken at a 45-degree angle.In April 2016 The Norman Transcript reported that the house had been completely demolished, leaving only an “empty clearing”.